Thursday, February 7, 2008

in dire need of revision

Suddenly,
I am cold, very cold.
I’m cold and I’m shaking and my heart is plummeting.
There’s nothing scarier than hearing,
“Justin wanted you to have this.
He’s going to the
Hospital.”

I’m shaking
Shaking
Shaking
Cold.
Why didn’t I tell him
I love him?
They say he’s going to be
Okay.
Okay,
Okay…
BREATHE.

I want to see him.
I want to see him right now.
I can’t be trapped in this school
When he’s trapped in metal sheets
And all I can see is the stretcher
The medics
The teachers.
No,
You can’t see him.
They talk to me like I’m
Nothing
To him.
Nothing.

Where is he going?
I want to be there with him
For him
By him.
How did it feel?
What did he think?
Does he need me?
I need him.

2 comments:

PrincessKitten said...

Dear, it's amazing. it really brings to life how you felt that day. *hugs*

longandwindingroad said...

This reminds me of how I felt when my Dad had a heart attack. I hope he feels better.